First I need to define happiness before suggesting ways to get it. For myself, joy is a peaceful feeling that you have regardless of the circumstances. When a person feels peaceful, it means he or she feel secure and content most of the time.
10 ways to joy:
- 15 minutes mediation in the morning – I will pray for about 5 to 15 minutes every morning to set goals for my day. God always gives me perspective and encouragement for my day. If you are not a Christian, just try to have a peaceful time and enjoy the here and now moment in those 15 mintues.
- Live for the moment – Focus on here and now. Don’t let your mind wander to the past or your future.
- Stay fit – Our body has a tremendous effect on our peace of mind. If you don’t exercise, you will feel dull, drowsy or irritated all the time! Try to do cardio exercise for 30 minutues a day. It will help your body accumulate the happy hormone in your body.
- Eat clean and healthy food – When you eat well (more vegetables than meat), you will have less burden in your liver and kidneys. Then you can conserve more energy for your mind.
- Smile! – Behaviors can change your mind. When you smile, your body will relax and destress automatically. Force yourself to smile sometimes when you feel dull or blue. It will lighten up your mood!
- Act confident and do it afraid – Joyce Meyer said we can act confident even if we don’t feel confident. “Do it afraid” means overcoming your fear and do what is right. If we overcome our fear and worries, our life will be more exciting and free.
- Love and forgive yourself – Don’t judge yourself. You can’t enjoy life when you don’t like youself. You can’t forgive the others when you cannot forgive yourself. If you can’t forgive, you can’t love happily. Forgive youself when you make mistakes. Acknowledge the mistakes, repent and understand that you are getting wiser after that.
- Love your neighbour like yourself – Famous motto from Jesus and it is totally true. Once you love youself, share your love and happinness with the people around you. We should always believe in the best of the others and give them the benefit of doubt.
- Detox your mind – Screen out all of the negative forces in your mind, including jealousy, hatred, pride, judgementalism, criticism, greed and other wordly cravings. We need to get rid of all kinds of mind addictions so that we can libearte ourselves
- You can do it! – Make a decision and believe that you can achieve joy. Don’t let your mind defeat you. Happiness is a decision and a choice.