I have been searching for easy and quick recipes for busy working moms. This Chinese dish is one of the easiest dishes taught by my sister. Vegetarians can substitute ribs with soft dried tofu/ soy bean sausages and eggs. Let me share the recipe as follows:
Serving: 4/ Prep time:5 mins/ Cooking time:45 mins
500g spare ribs
1 tbsp Japanese rice wine/ Shouqing wine (紹興酒）
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp vinegar (Zhengjiang dark vinegar 鎭江醋 is the best）
4 tbsp sugar
2 slices ginger
2 whole scallion, chopped
1) Heat up the wok, add oil, fry the ginger until aromatic
2) Add ribs and fry until golden brown
3) Add the ribs and all of the sauces in a pot according to the golden proportion (you may need to double the amount of sauce with the same proportion in order to cover all of the ribs in the pot)
4) Heat up the pot to boil with higher heat. Then lower to medium heat and boil for 45 mins.
5) Dish out and garnish with scallions. Serve!