I have been watching Master Chef too much. So lately I fell in love with cooking. Cooking and eating with my family is actually a very good bonding activity. We also used some organic vegetables and basil from our own garden, which made our food taste so much fresher!
The focus here is the Sweet Basil Tomato Sauce Double Cheess Pasta. The pasta can be a tasty vegetarian dish without the minced pork.
Serving: 5 people/ Prep time: 15 minutes/ Cooking time: 30 minutes
500g Angel Hair pasta
3 large tomatoes
1 can of Prego tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup sweet basil leaves
1/2 cup grounded pork/ beef
6 slices monzzerella cheese
1/2 Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1) Fill 1/2 of a medium pot with water. Add salt and olive oil when the water is boiling. Add pasta. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat until the pasta is soft. Drain the water away and set aside.
2) Marinade the minced pork with salt, pepper, and olive oil for 10 minutes.
3) Tomatoes need to be seeded, peeled and chopped.
4) Heat up a pan. Add olive oil, garlic and onions until aromatic. Add minced pork and fry it until it’s brown.
5) Add tomatoes and sugar. Fry until tomatoes are juicy and soft. Then add 1/4 cup of sweet basil leaves and Prego tomato sauce and stir for 1-2 minutes
6) Pour hot water over the pasta so that they won’t stick together. Put monzzerella cheese on the pasta.
7) Pour the tomato sauce on top of the angel hair. Spread the Parmesan cheese on top and garnish with fresh sweet basil leaves. Serve!